The University of Notre Dame football team – who take on Alabama Sooners tonight in the US College BCS title game – has always been known as the “Fighting Irish.” They are cheered by a little leprechaun of an Irishman who dances about in a green suit with pointy shoes. The name dates back to the origins of Notre Dame’s founding, before it was known for its football team. There are several theories that surround how Notre Dame became the well-known “Fighting Irish.” Here are a few of the theories that surround the naming of Notre Dame.
NOW ON SALE!!
The Celtic Question
What is your favourite Celtic-inspired cuisine?
- Scottish Haggis 24%, 13 votes13 votes 24%13 votes - 24% of all votes
- Irish Chowder 22%, 12 votes12 votes 22%12 votes - 22% of all votes
- Welsh Rarebit 15%, 8 votes8 votes 15%8 votes - 15% of all votes
- Cornish Pasties 15%, 8 votes8 votes 15%8 votes - 15% of all votes
- Caldo a la gallega 13%, 7 votes7 votes 13%7 votes - 13% of all votes
- Breton Moules & Frites 7%, 4 votes4 votes 7%4 votes - 7% of all votes
- Manx Scallops 5%, 3 votes3 votes 5%3 votes - 5% of all votes
Total Votes: 55
May 3, 2023Polls Archive
×You or your IP had already vote.
Leave a Comment